Welcome to Chrisbaby's blog!
My very 1st blog

Saturday, June 25, 2005
I woke up at 6.20am Malaysian time. It has been a while since I woke up this early after I left my secondary school. But the time in Melbourne is 8.20am. So it’s ok. We left for Ballarat which is an ex-gold mining place. I was hoping to find some gold there.

Ju Wei’s friends rent a car. A white Nissan Maxima. It’s quite spacious inside. There’s 5 of us in the car. The rental cost $67 per day. It’s bout 2 hours drive away from the city. I sleep halfway throughout the journey. I’m still so sleepy.

Then we finally reach our destination, Sovereign, Ballarat. The entrance cost $48 including a night show. The place is very interesting. We spent the whole day there. We even tried the gold mining but no luck. It’s so hard to find the gold with all the stones around it. We even went for the gold mining tour where we were taken to the underground ex-gold mining. Then the tour guide told us the history and etc. Very interesting indeed.

After that we went out of Sovereign to have dinner in one of the pasta restaurant. I shared with Ju Wei and we ordered a pasta and pizza. The food is delicious but the portion is too big. We can’t finish them. After dinner back to Sovereign for the night show. The night show was magnificent. It’s a story telling but not in a boring way. They highlight with spotlight on the building i.e schools, hotels, residence, bank etc while telling the story. So you can imagine what is going on rather than seeing what is shown usually. It’s hard to describe but the show is something different. It is freezing cold outside the dark. Everything is done outdoor.

After the show we went back to the city for ice-cream. Apparently this ice-cream parlour is kinda renowned. So they say that I should try it. So I tag along with them and see what so special bout the ice-cream parlour. Nothing special also. But one thing is that the ice-cream is huge. This is the fist time I’m eating so much ice-cream and worst is… IT’S IN THE MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT! Hahahaha.. and furthermore the weather outside is freezing cold and yet we are having ice-cream. Then it’s back to the house and tomorrow will be a better day.

Ballarat with Ju Wei's friend


Sovergein Gold Mine Tour


Gold Mining


Found any gold? Posted by Picasa

Posted by Christina at 11:59 PM |

0 Comments: