Welcome to Chrisbaby's blog!
My very 1st blog

Thursday, May 26, 2005
I got a call last night from California Fitness Club. I participate in this sms contest 2 days ago. The first 200 sms will be entitled to a hamper worth RM200 and a 14 days trial to their gym. So I made an appointment with them at 1pm to claim my prize.

I thought just go there, show them my sms and take the hamper and walk out. Which I only estimate it to take no longer than 15 minutes. I walked in and told them I’m here to collect my hamper. Gave them my name and I was asked to be sited while they prepare my hamper. 5 minutes later, one of the team leaders, Devan Nair his name approach us. We were given a form to fill in. The team leader ask me all sorts of question regarding the fitness club, how we get to know about it, how is our health condition, how we want to improve our physical and mental fitness etc etc. After all that, he took us for a tour around the gym. The gym is not 100% complete. There’s still renovation going on. He claim that this gym is one of the biggest gym in Asia. Well, I don’t find it big. Maybe it is because it is not completed yet. The completion date is on 15 June 2005. This is the opening ceremony of the gym. Jackie Chan will be the one who officiate the opening of the gym.

After the tour, we are back to the table. Then another personal trainee approach us. Our weight and body fats are taken. Then he explains about the best routine of workouts for us in order to achieve our goals. My goals is to reduce weight and fats around my arms, thighs and tummy. According to Daven Nair, my body fats are in the obese category. My body fats measure 26.5. He says the best measurement for a female body fats is 23-26. Means I’m 0.5 above. I have to workout more to burn this unnecessary fats.

After all this is done, he explain bout the fees structure. Enrolment fee is RM249, monthly fees are RM169 and registration fee is RM99. This is so expensive. He also claimed that California Fitness is one of the most expensive gyms in the world. Hmmm… if this is so, then I don’t think this fitness club can stay for long in Malaysia.

After all this, then only I’m given the hamper which consists of a sport bag which is quite nice, a stainless steel bottle and a t-shirt. All this cost RM200? Hmmm… I don’t think so. I feel that I got con by this California fitness. I wasted almost an hour plus. Well, at least I got a free body fats check up and some free gifts. Hahahahaha…

Hamper worth RM200? Hmmm..

My VIP membership

Posted by Christina at 10:32 PM |

0 Comments: