Welcome to Chrisbaby's blog!
My very 1st blog

Friday, June 02, 2006

Finally it’s Friday. Interview day is here. Apparently they ask us to reach at 8:30am sharp but starts at 9am. They gave us a short briefing on what is the program is all about and also a little bit of the company. This program is called Financial Management Program (FMP). It’s a 2 years training and divided into 4 rotations they called it. One rotation is 6 months. And in each rotation they sent you to a single department and you take up the post for 6 months. After every 6 months you have to sit for a test base on the rotation that you are doing. And you have to pass at least 85% of the test to go for the next rotation. You are only allowed to fail once in 2 years and if you fail you have to repeat that particular rotation. For all the 4 rotation, at least one rotation will be an overseas department. So you get to go overseas for 6 months. Overseas such as Singapore, Japan, USA, China, Australia and etc. Food and lodging are provided for overseas rotation for the whole 6 months.

After the briefing, we are divided into 2 groups and we did a little brain storming game. After that it was our turn to do out stuff which is presentation of the business case. Again we are divided into 2 bathes. One is the morning batch and the other is the afternoon batch. I was thankful that I was placed in the morning batch and it will end by lunch time instead of 4pm in the evening. I was the unlucky one to be the first to present. But then again I don’t mind, the faster it is the better. So I presented my stuff and I don’t think I did a good job. I can’t see what the others present but I think they did better than me after discussing with them. Hahaha…

After the presentation, we are given a small quiz. It’s a fill in the blanks for income statement and balance sheet. The income statement I’m able to do but not for the balance sheet. I can’t seem to tie the balance sheet and I ran out of time to complete it. Well, it’s just a quiz. Hahaha…

I left that place around 2pm. I’m glad that everything is done. But it’s a really good experience. I get to meet many nice candidates there. They are all so intellectual and experience. So I doubt that I can get the job since the competition is so tight.
Well, I still have to continue my revision later that day. But my head feel so much lighter after the interview and presentation. At least one burden is down and another one to go i.e. exams. I could hardly sleep well for the past few nights. I was so stress and tension. But now it’s all good.


Posted by Christina at 11:35 PM |

0 Comments: