Welcome to Chrisbaby's blog!
My very 1st blog

Monday, May 29, 2006

Guess what! I got a call from GE Company. (GE – General Electric). My dad knows the HR Director in this company. He patronizes my dad’s shop everyday and decided to offer me a job in their company. So my dad asks me to give it a try and I pass him all my resume and relevant certificates. GE is a multinational company and it’s not easy to get in. So, I didn’t really put high hope on getting the job but then again, no harm trying it out right? Who knows I’m lucky to get in?

The past 2 weeks, they called me for a phone interview. That time I was working and I’m in my client’s place. The phone line that time was really bad. The line got cut off like 4 – 5 times and I could hardly hear what he is asking or saying. He did ask 3 questions and all 3 I could hardly answer. So I thought I screw the phone interview and there goes my chance of getting the job. But who knows they call me today and ask me to go for interview this coming Friday. I was so happy. I was speechless.

Well, I was happy for the time being until I read the e-mail they sent for further details on this Friday’s interview. They gave us homework. Yeah, homework for interview. How not cool is that. It’s a business case study and all the candidates have to present it on Friday. The case goes like this:-
‘You are an independent businessperson meeting with a group of bankers from the "GE Bank". You have submitted a business loan application to the GE Bank and have been called to explain your intended business venture. Your task is to convince the GE Bank to grant the loan. You must do this in 15 minutes, using your presentation to demonstrate your analysis of how/why this venture will be successful. It is very important your presentation does not exceed 15 minutes and you should factor in a few minutes for questions from the bankers. The most critical elements upon which we evaluate presentations are: * Organization skills* Analysis skills* Persuasiveness of the facts presented’

Sounds pretty scary huh the case. There are so many things to do but so little time to prepare. And the worst thing is that I’m having my ACCA exam this coming Monday and I myself don’t have enough time to finish revising for my exam. Sigh… pressure pressure!.

There are 13 candidates for this round. According to the HR director, there are thousands of applicants but they only hire like 4-5 of us. So I bet they have many other groups besides than the 13 candidates. Out of the 13 candidates for this Friday, one of them is my college mate. Courtney Soh for those of you who know her. I was kinda relieved when I know that I knew someone there this Friday. And apparently the interview will take up the whole day. This is only the first round of interview. There are many more rounds of interview to go. Pressure pressure!


Posted by Christina at 11:07 PM |

0 Comments: