Welcome to Chrisbaby's blog!
My very 1st blog

Saturday, May 03, 2008
It’s weekend again. Yay! Me and my family took a day trip down to Melaka. We stop by Sg Besi KFC for breakfast. Well, wanted to go to McD for breakfast, but overshot. So ended up in KFC. Hahaha…

Halfway, I switch driver with my mum and I drove all the way to Melaka from Sg Besi. This is my first time driving a 2.0 Camry. It’s so stable I tell you. You don’t even know that you are driving past 120km/hr. If compared to my ‘CLK’, 90km/hr already shaking like mad.

We were so deep in our conversation, we overshot the exit to Ayer Keroh and ended up in Muar exit. That is like 35km off track. So we wasted 70km which is about an hour and ended up in Melaka at 1.30pm.

Our first stop is the famous chicken rice at Jonker Street. When we reach there, there’s already a long queue. But we waited anyway. Under the hot sun! To be honest, nothing special about the chicken rice. Just that they serve in a ball from. Hahaha…

Our next stop, we walk along Jonker Street. And I bought a necklace. I love it so much. It costs RM15 only for a necklace with matching earrings. After a long walk, we stopped by 88 dessert shop for a chendol. Nothing spectacular about that chendol. I find it so so only. But yet, the way people commented like it’s really really delicious.

The sun is really hot. So we decided to go to Mahkota Parade and Dataran Pahlawan. Just window shop to past time for our next meal. Hahaha… our plan to go to Melaka is for eating spree.

At around 4.45pm we left that place and went to Tan Kim Hock. No one goes to Melaka without visiting Tan Kim Hock. Hahaha… I spent about RM160 there. Bought lots of dodol and other food stuff.

From there, we head on to Capitol Satay Celup. Luckily we found a place to sit. That was the last available table. If not you would have to queue. That place is famous for satay celup. That time is only 5.45pm and the queue is already seen. How dramatic.

This is my first time having satay celup. Yes… my FIRST time. Yet, again, I’m a city girl, never tried all this kind of food before. In fact, nothing special about satay celup. But it was cheap. RM0.60 per stick. I would prefer our normal pasar malam or penang ‘Lok-Lok’.

After our early dinner, we went to Jonker Walk. Which is like a night market in Jonker Street. They sell mostly handicraft and accessories. Well, of course they have some food stalls. We left this place around 7.30pm and stop by Tesco supermarket for toilet break and head on home. We reached home around 9.45pm. It was a great short trip.

Check out the crowd and the queue at the chicken rice ball shop
Chicken rice ball. Yummy
88 Dessert Shop
Dessert shop menu
Chendol anyone? Check out the gula melaka. Damn sweet. This cost RM3
Jonker Gallery

The famous landmark of Melaka
That's me posing by the 'kincir air'
Capitol Satay Celup - Self service
Close up
This is the gravy. Very disgusting isn't it?
EEwwwww....
That's me with the finished Satay Celup
Jonker walk dim sum
A dessert shop at Jonker walk. Nice deco's right?
Jonker Walk at night


Posted by Christina at 11:15 PM |

0 Comments: