Welcome to Chrisbaby's blog!
My very 1st blog

Monday, December 17, 2007
I went to Singapore from 15 to 17 December. I was there to witness the Christmas decoration. But I was kinda disappointed as the decoration isn’t that great. It’s a big let down. Anyway, I had a wonderful time in Singapore. As some of you know that I love Singapore. One of it is because their public transport is easily assessable. It’s a clean and safe country. And I know the place pretty well. I’m even looking for a job in Singapore. But just too bad that after so many applications, none of them replied. But I won’t give up.

I manage to get a hotel. A bed and breakfast hostel to be more precise. It cost SGD70 per night. It’s the cheapest and most convenient hotel I could get and afford. And I love it so much. The hostel is full of love. The hostel I’m referring to is called “One Florence Close”. It’s situated 1 minute walk from Kovan MRT station. They even have a shopping centre opposite the hostel called “Heartland”. There’s Cold Storage in Heartland too. And right opposite the road is a famous Nasi Lemak. The first night I bought the Nasi Lemak for supper at 11pm and at that hour there’s a long queue waiting to buy Nasi Lemak. It’s a must try Nasi Lemak if you are staying around there.

Well, I went to Orchard of course. The crowd is crazy. I met up with May Ng and her friend for dinner. I didn’t really do any shopping as the things there are too pricey for me as I am earning in RM and not SGD. I really wish I’m earning in SGD as the things are cheap if without conversion and there’s so many things which I fall in love with. Singapore corporate, please call me for interview.

The next day I went to so many places as I manage to buy the unlimited ride for MRT. It only cost SGD8 but with a deposit of SGD10 but refundable. First, I went to Maxwell road for breakfast in Ya Kun Restaurant. After breakfast went to City Hall to get the unlimited MRT card. From City Hall, went to Suntec City, then to Bugis, then to Vivo City. There again I met up with May Ng. From Vivo city we went to Chinatown for dinner. Yet again, the food is tasteless. No offence. Hehe… Then it’s back to my hostel. Bathed, played with the cat, online for a while and off to bed. And going back to KL the next day.

It’s pretty rush. 3 days is really not enough. If I were to go to Singapore again, I am sure to stay in One Florence Close again. I love that hostel so much. But bear in mind that the toilet and the bathroom are on a sharing basis. But it’s pretty clean and their cats are really friendly. You can meet so many Mat Salleh and they are all so friendly.


Along Orchard Road
Orchard Road
Me with May Ng
Ponggol Nasi Lemak. Damn nice
Ponggal Nasi Lemak. Aren't you hungry yet?
Ya Kun Coffee Shop. Their eggs are huge man
The eye on Singapore from Marina Square
Donut Factory equivalent to our Big Apple and Jco
Donut Factory menu. Take your pick

My little bro's fav brand. Marc Ecko. Eckored anyone? This top cost closed to SGD50
Another from Marc Ecko. This is slightly cheaper
Mos Burger anyone? Their burger is cheap and nice
Louis Vuitton lookalike Dustbin anyone?

Chinatown hawker centre
Me at Chinatown for dinner
Heartland Shopping Centre. 2 minutes away from where I stay
Kovan MRT. The nearest MRT which is 1 minute walk away form where I stay
Singapore Tourist Pass aka unlimited MRT ride for SGD8 per day
Entrance to One Florence Close
Closer look at the entrance
The blinds in One Florence Close
Living Room in One Florence Close
Dining area in One Florence Close
Screens in One Florence Close
Free Internet in One Florence Close
Shower in One Florence Close
Romeo in One Florence Close
Me with Pepper in One Florence Close
My Room!


Posted by Christina at 10:13 PM |

0 Comments: