Welcome to Chrisbaby's blog!
My very 1st blog

Tuesday, January 10, 2006
Today is a public holiday, Hari Raya Haji. Another holiday of the week. Yay! But it will be a busy day for me at home. I’ve booked a cupboard and will be delivering on Saturday. So since today is a holiday I got to clean my room and wait for the arrival of my new cupboard.

During the day, I baked some cookies. I got a ‘Famous Amos’ recipe from the net quite sometime ago. So finally wanna give it a try. The main ingredients are Cadbury chocolate, Chocolate chips, Oatmeal, eggs and other normal baking stuff i.e. flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda etc. It’s pretty hard to mix them together as it is kinda dry at first but I add in more eggs to make it moist. Furthermore my mixing bowl is small. So I got to mix a couple of time.

Well, for those of you who wants the recipe, here it is:-

Famous Amos Cookie
2 cups butter
4 cups flour
2 tsp. baking soda
2 cups granulated sugar
2 cups brown sugar
5 cups blended oatmeal (measure oatmeal & blend in blender to a fine powder)
24oz. chocolate chips
1 tsp. salt18oz. Cadbury bar (grated)
4 eggs
2 tsp. baking powder
3 cups chopped nuts (your choice)
2 tsp. vanilla

Cream the butter & both sugars. Add eggs & vanilla; mix together with flour, oatmeal, salt, baking powder & soda. Add chocolate chips, Cadbury & nuts. Roll into balls & place 2 inches apart on a cookie sheet. Bake for 10 minutes at 375 degrees. Makes 122 cookies.

Well, as you can see from above the measurement is a lot and I think it bakes more than 122 cookies. What I did was I used half of the above ingredients and I baked more than 122 cookies as well. Hahaha... Well, it’s up to you how you wanna modify the recipe.

Once the cookie is done, I break for lunch then it’s back to work again. Now it’s cleaning room time. I got to rearrange some of my furniture in order for my new cupboard to move in. I’m so exhausted when I’m finished. And tomorrow is a working day. Sigh…

My very own Famous Amos Cookie. Looks can be deceiving Posted by Picasa

Posted by Christina at 10:59 PM |

0 Comments: