Welcome to Chrisbaby's blog!
My very 1st blog

Friday, December 03, 2004
Well, as I mentioned yesterday company’s annual dinner is today. This is my first company’s annual dinner or should I say second formal company’s social affairs. My first was the Bangkok trip. But the Bangkok trip only includes my department group. This annual dinner include the whole Ernst&Young employees.

Around 800 people turn up. We had free-pork chinese dishes. It’s like those wedding dinner. The first dish is obviously the four season dish. And since our theme for tonight was ‘Legenda’ they named the food according to the theme too. The four season was named ‘Hang Tuah, Hang Jebat, Hang Lekir and Hang Lekiu’. Then the next dish is a seafood soup which is equivalent with sharkfin’s soup but it’s without sharkfin. This dish is named ‘Wong Fei Hung’. This is then followed by some chilli sour chicken, fried garupa fish (Puteri Gunung Ledang), brocolli with mushroom and ‘tau kan’ (Robin Hood of Sherwood Forest), fried rice, and as for dessert we have cheesecake (Cleopetra) and leng chi kang.

The dinner only starts around 8:30pm. All of them dress so sassy, elegant and sexy. It reminds me of prom night. Not many of them dress according to the theme. Only a hand-full of them dress according to the theme. One came as Thai-kick boxer, another as Cesear, there’s also Wong Fei Hung, Hang Tuah and P. Ramlee. And as for the ladies, they dress as Cleopatra, Audrey Hepburn, Princess of Scotland and etc.

They even have EY Idol. One person from each group is selected to sing in front of the crowd and prizes are awarded for best singer. And the idol of course goes to my audit team for best performance, best sportmanship and best audience.

We even have lucky draws. The grand prize is RM1,000. I’m just not lucky that night. My number was not called for the lucky draw. *Sob sob*…

The dinner and the lucky draws ends around 12midnight. They have dances after that. I didn’t stay for the dance. Furthermore it’s my study week. The next day I got to wake up early to study and I got to send one of my colleague home after the dinner. She stayed in Puchong. By the time I reach home it’s almost 1am. I was so tired but I had fun in the annual dinner and dance. It’s worth skipping few hours of my studies to attend the dinner. Here are some pitures of me with my colleagues in the dinner.

Invitation Card

Some of my colleagues

And a whole lot more Posted by Hello

Posted by Christina at 11:59 PM |

0 Comments: