Welcome to Chrisbaby's blog!
My very 1st blog

Sunday, October 10, 2004
Woke up pretty early in the morning. Ready to head on to Bangkok street. Our first destination is to Pat Phong. As stated in our song, Pat Phong is a place like morning pasar malam. It’s only a few blocks away from our hotel. It’s more like a clothing pasar malam. Most of the shops there sell clothes. From t-shirts to jeans to dresses to skirt. You name it they got it. But we didn’t spend much time there because the sellers are so stingy. It’s so hard to bargain and the seller there is not friendly. They get pissed off easily if we bargain. So we decided to go back to Chatuchak. It’s also another place like pasar malam but it’s bigger. We went there yesterday tho. Chatuchak is easier to bargain and the people there are friendlier. Most of my souvenirs and stuff I got from Chatuchak.

After Chatuchak, we went to a shopping complex by the name if MBK. Don’t ask me what it stand for coz I also don’t know myself. The things there ain’t cheap. After converting, the price is equivalent to RM. So no point buying things from there. We had a quick lunch in McD. I ate Pork burger in McD. Cool eh.. can never find it here.

After MBK we decided to go visit the grand palace. We took the tuk tuk to the Grand Palace. It seems that the place is 60acres big. That’s is very huge. Thailand king and queen used to stay there but not anymore. Now it’s more for tourist attraction. But to our biggest disappointment, the place is closed. The place closes at 3:30pm and we reach there at 4:00pm. But luckily the tuk tuk driver is kind enough to bring us to a nearby temple which is also a tourist attraction. Situated in that temple is a huge sleeping Buddha. The temple is called Wat Po Temple. The seeping Buddha is made of gold. The whole thing is made of gold. Then we give offering to the temple. I made 2 fortune teller thingy. You know… the one where you shake the bamboo thingy with many sticks in it and the first stick that drop is the one that tells your fortune. Well, below are my fortunes: -

My first fortune is:

“Need not worry, no one going to harm you. Something will be lost for something unduly gained. Be careful and selective in associating with people. Prospective mate still not in sight. Loan made to others hardly refundable. Good fortunes less likely to approach. A baby girl forthcoming”.

And my second goes like this:

“You see benefits way yonder but can hardly get them. Just like rowing a boat upstream, life will be difficult. However, supporters are available in the future. Patient recovering. Legal case not favorable. No good lucks. Forthcoming child will be a baby boy. Overall, will experience hardship first, but prosperity eventually”.

I think there’s a contradiction. My first fortune said that I’m getting a baby girl and my 2nd fortune said I’ll be getting a boy. Hmmm… which is true… or will I be getting a twins instead. Hahahaha…

That temple is quite huge too. It’s 20 acres big. It took us bout half an hour to visit that place.

Then it’s back to the hotel. We took a shower and we are out again. Hehehehe…. All of us gather at the hotel lobby to go to the night market. It’s called Suan Lum Night Bazaar. We don’t have much time to spent there. We are only given half an hour to spent there and that place is huge too. We are so eager to go to the next stop after the night bazaar. Want to know what is the next stop? Heh heh heh…

The next stop is the “Tiger show“. It’s an illegal place tho. Our tour guide brought us in. It cost us 600Bhat each for the show. The show is really eye opening. Seen it once is more than enough. You wouldn’t want to see it again. They can really do amazing stuff with their ahem. They stuff things into their ahem and pull it out including ping pong balls. One of them actually stuffed in a stand of razor blades and pull it out from the ahem one by one. I wonder how they do it. Then another amazing act is that she use a coke bottle filled with water, stuff it into their ahem and suck the water and later it came out coke. They can also smoke using their ahem. Really amazing. Don’t know how they do it. Then there’s a couple… they are doing sex right in front of us. It’s really gross watching it. And some more this is live. I see it with my naked eyes. Whoa…. Can never forget the sight. Amazing sight. So whoever is going to Thailand, don’t miss your opportunity. Hehehehe…

Well, after the show, I we went back to the hotel. I’m very tired. Some of them still got energy to go for massage which is famous in Bangkok. I wanted to try too… but I was too tired. So that’s the only thing which I didn’t do in Bangkok. It’s okie… there’s always another time. Hehehehe…

Posted by Christina at 11:53 AM |

0 Comments: